Zendesk is an amazing tool for ticketing and customer service and has so many great configurations you can use to make your customers and agents lives just a bit better. You should always treat your platform as “under construction”. You will always have to enhance and continuously improve. Here are some basic tips to help you with your construction:
- Set up triggers – they can help you route and prioritize your tickets, and can send useful notifications to agents and customers
- Use macros – instead of typing out the same response for repetitive inquires you can create a macro that will type it all out for you in just one click. You can also use them for transferring tickets to other groups.
- Set up automations – these can help with SLA reminder emails to the agent and help with automatic reminders to the customer.
- Use internal notes – this is a good way to keep a log of what you have done, what still needs to be done, and in the cases of transferring a ticket, leaving some good notes for the next group (Don’t worry, the customers don’t see these)
- Problem tickets– start using problems so you can link and manage similar tickets all together
- Use side conversations- use these to email or even slack other departments or users that may not be using Zendesk when you need assistance from them. You can record the whole side conversation right in the ticket. And remembers those triggers and automations we talked about- well you use those to notify you when someone’s responded to a side conversation.
Putting on your hard hard and following these tips will make working your tickets so much easier to manage, as well as save you some time! Zendesk is such an intuitive platform, it would be a shame to not get the most out of it.