Ivanti Interchange 2019 will be held April 29th through May 2nd in the Gaylord Opryland Resort, Nashville, Tennessee and I thought it would be appropriate to know a few random local facts, rumors or legends.
- Gaylord opryland resort gardens has 50,000 plants and is list in TripAdvisor’s top things to do in Nashville.
- Nashville is home to the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- The General Jackson Showboat,called “the largest show boat in the world”, is named after the first steamboat to operate on the Cumberland River in 1817 and that was named after President Andrew Jackson. It was built in Indiana and has a calliope with 49 whistles.
- The Gaylord Opryland is rumored to be haunted by The Black Lady, who has been seen all over the hotel. As her nickname states, the spirit is dressed in all black. She is said to be a young woman in antebellum-style clothing and she wears a long black veil over her face. She has been rumored to show up at night and in the darkest of places. Some believe she is a Mrs. Gavock, whose family once owned the land on which the resort stands.
- The Hermitage was home to America’s seventh president, Andrew Jackson. During the day, the home is open for public tours of the grounds, which include the mansion, the gardens, and Jackson’s tomb, where the former president, his wife Rachel and other family members were laid to rest. But, rumor has it, a large number of people who have visited the property have reported seeing an apparition that fits Jackson’s description walking around the halls. Maybe I should visit at Halloween.
- Nashville Predators (hockey) and the Tennessee Titans (football) are the local pro sports teams.
- Tennessee has had several nicknames, but the most popular is “The Volunteer State.” The nickname originated during the War of 1812, in which the volunteer soldiers from Tennessee, serving under Gen. Andrew Jackson, displayed marked valor in the Battle of New Orleans.
This is going to be fun, hope to see you there.
Call us. We’re friendly!
-Chet Goodin, Senior Consultant
Contact the consulting team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on dataseti.com or read us on dataseti.blog.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!