You have just bought a software new product.. You are excited about the value your organization will receive once you get that product into productive use. You have two choices. The software manufacturer’s professional services or a professional services company like Dataseti.
How are you going to decide? Remember, that software is absolutely worthless until you have it in productive use operating exactly they way you want it to operate. Oh, an one other thing to consider. Your management just allowed you to spend a sizable amount of money to get that software product. And you know what they want. They want that thing into productive use ASAP so they can see some return for the money they invested in that product. Can you say ‘Hot Seat”! Point being, you probably will not get a second chance if your initial implementation is anything less than 100% successful.
So here are a few things to consider.
- The software manufacturer’s primary focus is selling software.
- A professional services company’s primary focus is having 100% satisfied customers.
- Professional services from a software manufacturer is an accommodation service.
- Professional services from a professional services company is all we do.
- Professional services from a software manufacturer are scoped during the ‘pressure’ of a sales cycle.
- Professional services from a professional services company are scoped independent of a sales cycle.
- A software manufacturer’s success, for their shareholders/investors, is measured in product sales.
- A professional services company’s success is measured by 100% satisfied customers who engage with them for additional service in the future.
One last thing to consider. That software sales person who sold you the product. They probably will not be very available if you have issues with the manufacturer’s professional services. In a professional services company, our consultants ARE the sales people.
So when you are deciding who you want to make your implementation of that new software product 100% successful, remember this. It’s YOUR reputation that is on the line, not the software manufacturer’s reputation.
At Dataseti, we have been making our customers successful for over 15 years. Let us make you our next successful customer!
-Dan Davis, Manager of Sales and Customer Service